Monday, October 17, 2011

Broccoli Slaw ( thanks Eric)


Okay, contrary to popular opinion, that is not worms. If it was, it wouldn't be vegan....duh. This was such a welcome change of pace and I have to thank my boss Eric for hooking me up with this idea. I was able to find all vegan ingredients and it turned out awesome. You have to try this for sure. Alright yo, this is what ya need to do:

Slaw
1 lb broccoli slaw
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 package of shin ramyun noodle mix ( see picture below)
3oz sliced almonds
1/2 cup of wasabi  peas

Dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup veggie oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 packet seasoning and 1 packet herbs

Crush ramen noodles in bag (dime sized pieces) Mix slaw ingredients in bowl, mix dressing ingredients in another, pour dressing over slaw and mix.  Tastes even better on day 2.  Mix before serving (dressing pools at bottom)

* this is what the ramen looks like that I used
 If you make a variation of this, let me know, I would love to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment